Midwife Eeva Itkonen
Individual support and continuity of care from pregnancy to postpartum in Helsinki and online
I’m a certified doula, midwife, nurse and postgraduate student in social policy. I am also a Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educator and a Birthing From Within Trained Childbirth Educator. I live in Helsinki and I serve families in Helsinki and online.
In addition to working as a birth professional, I have studied gender studies and sociology. It has helped me to understand how childbirth and parenting practises are not just individual choices but shaped by the society and culture in which we live. The abundance of information and narratives makes it even more important to evaluate the reliability and usefulness of the information for each situation.
My essential values in my work:
- Every encounter is unhurried.
- My advice and suggestions are based on reliable information.
- There are no one-size-fits-all solutions, but we look for the right one for you in your situation.
- I respect your definition of your family and yourself. No one has to fear being seen through prejudice or false expectations.
- I commit myself to learning more and getting feedback.
I can help you to prepare for birth and postpartum in English. I offer individual childbirth education classes, lactation consultation and birth story debriefing. You can ask me to come and visit you at home in Helsinki and surroundings, or we can meet up online via Zoom.
At the moment I’m not taking more birth doula clients but I’m available for back up doula service in Helsinki and Espoo, or distance doula service anywhere in the world!